Monday, June 1, 2009

Happily Ever After


Once upon a time, when I was a naive obedient kid i read a story....

It was a story about 2 girls...
There's a princess, living in a castle, everything are there, foods, dress, servants. This Princess doesn't know why she is get bore tough everythings are there....
There's a girl, living in a simple house, has to share foods with his siblings, used worn clothes, must to work hard everyday. This girl envy the princess so much....
One day, they are met somehow somewhere, and they decide to swap with each other because they are looks really similar like twin.
But after sometimes, the (ex) princess are really enjoying his life as a commoner, she doesn't have to involved with lot of boring protocol and ceremonial, and even the food or dress are not there but he has warmth family and enjoy dinner together while laughing out of loud.
And the the (new) princess enjoy his new life only for some few days (or weeks) but after that she just realized she's not as happier as she think before, and even it's not happy at all, she miss her old family....
And the end of story are they are return back to their original position and become bestfriend (this ending is not really important, it's only for kid, so everythings are ended with good things)

The morale of story when i was kid is, just happy with what you have, i think this kind of story was made as an excuse to parents that they can not fulfill everything wanted by their children =p

It was when I was a Kid......

Now... I am not a Kid anymore, I'm still naive sometimes, but not really obedient....


I was going to a golf course in a middle of mountain last week, with my bosses and their guests, and I saw people there are living slowly.... (I prefer to use slowly than relax or something, because when I was there I feel time being slowed....)
It is not like urban life, not haunting by email, internet, phone call, etc
The golf course is old enough, and have a very good air, atmosphere, and everything, and I saw some people working there.....
May be they dont make a lot of money, don't meet a lot of person everyday, maybe being alone for the whole 8 hours of their shift everyday, don't use branded or high quality stuff.
But what I saw in their face are they are quite happy with their life, they can smile like human smile, not robot smile like we used to face in urban city......

I don't judge it's better than urban life, but even tough it's a simple life they have their own happiness.... (which may be more happier than people live in luxury mansion, I just wonder it)


And I read also another story some years ago, about city people come to a village and meet a fisher... (from Anthonny De Mello's book)

City People: What are you doing?

Fisher: I'm sitting here, resting

City People: Why are you sitting here resting, it is still to early to going back to land... you can cath more fish there

Fisher: Why I have to? I have catch enough fish to sell for get some food to eat for today

City People: If you catch more fish, you can get more money, you can buy a motor boat, if you have motor boat, you can catch more fish, and if you catch more fish you can buy big boat, and if you have big boat you can catch lot of fish and pay people to work for you, and you can life with relax

Fisher: What do you think I'm doing now?

cheers =D

I like that story.... tough I'm also that kind of City People, but it make me realize, there's a lot of things in the world except moneys (and his friends) needed to live happily ever after....
P.S the photo may not really related with the story, it was a photo of the golf course, it's a really nice place =D

1 comment: